Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quotes via Picasa

I don't have a fancy camera...it's a Nikon Coolpix that Mr. ShowMe got for me a couple of years ago before my first overseas trip. It's fine for what I used a camera for before I started blogging. Now that I'm taking pictures with the purpose of web posting, I'm learning how to beef them up a bit. Mr. ShowMe told me about Picasa and gave me few a pointers to get started. I've had fun playing with it. I made a collage with it that I used for my blog button, (see bottom of this page, or my Buttons page.. and while you're there, feel free to snag it to display on your blog if you'd like). 

In playing with Picasa I've put some pictures and quotes together and wanted to share them with you. 
This was an old print ad for dog food. I replaced the advertisement verbiage with this Dean Koontz quote.
I found this picture at the Microsoft website amongst their royalty-free photos. I've always loved the poetry of e e cummings.
Another royalty-free photo from the Microsoft site. I don't know who first said this quote. It's been around for years. I tried searching the web, but found it attributed to a few different people, so rather than put the wrong name, I'll just consider it Unknown.
Can you tell yet that I had fun at the Microsoft site downloading images?...and a fun quote from Gilda Radner.
Thanks for stopping by! I made the coolest of all bracelets this weekend. I have a few more photos to take of it and will posting a tutorial for it sometime this week, so stay tuned for that.
I hope you have a lovely Sunday :)

2 comments:

  1. I love putting text on photos! It adds so much and is a great way to bring a nice quote into your post! Enjoy your afternoon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Thanks so much for linking up! Just a reminder also to register for my $50 Stencil Giveaway!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete