Sunday, July 24, 2011

Adventures in Sewing Purses

I asked Mr. ShowMe to get me Lisa Lam's book, The Bag Making Bible, for Christmas last year. My plans were to sew my way through it and improve my bag making skills as I learned new things. The first bag in the book is the Peek-A-Boo Pleat tote. Here's my version.

And about the time I finished it I found out my employer was sending me back overseas. Having gone once already I knew I wanted a better carry on bag, so I skipped ahead in my book and made the Great Getaway Bag next. 
It was just the perfect size. Big enough for all my carry-on necessities, plus my laptop, so I was able to pack my lap-top bag in my checked bags and not deal with in while I was traveling.

I still haven't made all the bags in the book, but I've found it a valuable resource. I've learned a lot of things that I didn't know before. Whenever I'm trying a new purse design and want to add a feature that I haven't tried before, it's my first stop for instructions.

1 comment:

  1. I love how both of those bags turned out! Very cute... and the book sounds great! I'll have to check it out the next time I'm at the bookstore! :)

    ReplyDelete