Saturday, October 22, 2011

Yarn Bombs

I've been enjoying looking at pictures of yarn bombs on the web lately. Are you familiar with it? You probably are, sometimes I can be a little late to the dance. Plus, since I don't knit or crochet I don't typically seek out anything relating to those crafts. I think I stumbled upon it the first time through Pinterest. Here's a few examples.
A Google image search will bring up hundreds of pictures of all kinds of things that have been yarn bombed.
Things like statues,
 
trees,
potholes,

mailboxes,                                     telephone booths, 

fences,

light poles,                                  and even a city bus!
I just love the added texture and colors they give to otherwise boring objects. I think my favorites are the potholes. Who knew you could "vandalize" something so unpleasant to look at and turn it in to a work of art? Have you yarn bombed anything?

1 comment: